Waste has become a hot media topic, receiving airtime and column inches to a level previously unheard of. With the government continuing to drive forward recycling and local authorities under pressure to increase diversion even further, this level of media interest unlikely to subside anytime soon.
EnviroComms provides national and local media a viable, independent source of contribution on a variety of waste related subjects for participation in broadcast stories or press articles including:
- On-air participation
- Talking head
- Image resource
- Research resource
Stephen Bates is our primary media contributor. His unrivalled experience in waste related behavioural change initiatives makes him the perfect commentator on a wide range of related topics and is an experienced broadcaster in his own right having contributed to weekly on-air briefings for BBC local radio and is currently the chairman and board member of a community radio station where he also hosts a weekly, weekend breakfast show.
Some of Stephen’s press contributions include:
- BBC Breakfast News: Discussing the need to provide motivation not just information on public engagement
- BBC Look North: Campaign launch in Hull
- ITV Calendar: Public engagement surrounding recycling contamination
- Hull Daily Mail: Contribution to article about recycling contamination.
- Daily Express: Contribution to article about recycling contamination.
- BBC Humberside: Live location interview on recycling habits
- Waste and Resource Management; Putting Strategy into Practice. Published papers and conference contributions: Behavioural Change and Social Aspects of redefining waste issues in public engagement.
- United Nations Habitat (2010). Contributor to ‘Solid Waste in the World’s Cities’. Launched March 2010, at UN-Habitat’s 5th World Urban Forum in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Waste 2010. Published paper: Importance of waste communications in an economic downturn.
- International Finance Corporation (2009) Producer Responsibility for Packaging. Published by IFC with financial support from the Austrian Government.
- Press article: Engaging Communities. The Loop. 2007
- Press article: Communicating Alternate Week Collection. MRW. 2008
- Press article: Galvanizing political support and accessing new communication channels. CIWM Journal 2008
- Press article: Love you council. Love recycling!. Greener Living magazine. 2008
- Broadcast media. BBC 5Live (Matthew Bannister) – Recycling panel debate. 1m reach. 2009
- Broadcast media. BBC Radio 4. Studio interview (You and Yours show) – alternate week collection. 800,000 reach. 2008
- Broadcast media. BBC 5Live (Simon Mayo), Panel debate with Daily Mirror editor on recycling. 2009
- Novinite (Bulgarian News Agency) Syndicated TV interview: “Communicating the issue of waste” 2009
- Broadcast media: BBC Essex; accredited on-air expert/contributor; 2002 to present.
Contact us to request media contribution